Don’t ever convince yourself to be with someone just because you’re running out of time and options and settle for less to play safe with your ego. No!Never! Instead, find that feeling where you’re simply happy and love being around the person, it really is that simple.
Love is always a beautiful feeling. And having a healthy and lasting relationship are couples relationship goals. Maybe there’s a perfect relationship out there, maybe there isn’t or maybe there’s the one always in progress. Whatever category you fall preserve your integrity. Don’t forget yourself in the process, take time for yourself to do what you love, what makes you happy and gives you energy — being successful as a couple will only work if each of you is strong and fulfilled as an individual.
1. We’ve got a list we used to follow, but communication is always for real before you hit certain speed bumps. Sharing everything with each other from how’s your day went to how you feel before you sleep will surely survive the long haul. Nobody can beat the two sets of feet walking on the common ground unless the other one is flying, well you can hold their hands instead.- But you talk, foster open communication wih your partner.
2. Not all donuts are sweet, we have those days when it doesn’t taste as good as yesterday but remember relationship is much bigger than the temporary taste you can swallow in seconds. Let the minor things go, bad stuffs happens and it’s normal, let it pass. You don’t wish to sleep with a heavy heart. Don’t you?
3. Don’t take each other’s weaknesses for granted. Encourage your partner to be the best version of themself. Chase all your dreams together. Be nice. Be patient. Hold hands to reach the goal.-“For every successful person, there’s a strong support behind”.
4. Celebrate! Celebrate! When good things happen. Be expressive about it, show your appreciation. Take that hell of a good toast.
5. Trust! It’s very important. Don’t break it. Nobody is perfect but we can all be trustworthy.
6. Be more generous giving compliments, time, surprises and attention. When you started dating you could have said thousands of sweet words, dine out even on your busy schedules, bought each other’s favourite stuffs just to see them happy, what’s stopping you now?
7. Make each other laugh. Having sense of humor is very attractive. Try not to take everything seriously. Life is serious already. It would be awesome to have someone around ready for ice breaker in between the role play.
8. Compromise. Sounds scary maybe but if you truly care about the relationship, it won’t be as hard cause it’s a non-negotiable part of love. It’s a perspective taking that both agreed on.We need the push and pull string to balance things out. We can’t always fight to stand our grounds right but we can meet half way to generate less conflict.
9. Last but definitely not the least don’t forget to say “I love you”. Make it a routine. It means a lot. I mean a whole lot.